MY LUCKY DAY!
Today is my Lucky Day! Why?
- I woke up in a great mood and had no pain.
- I am in good health.
- I did not have to wait for the bus. One arrived just as I got to the bus stop.
- No lineup at the grocery-store cashier when I bought my lunch.
- The Toronto Star was giving away free newspapers, as a promotion, and I did not have to buy one.
- The voices in my head stayed quiet and did not disturb me. (I suspect they were out looking for a better head to live in.)
- No one declared war on me.
- No lineups for computers at the library.
- I beat my friend at chess today. He usually wins.
I was thinking of buying a lottery ticket for tonight’s draw. The prize is 40 million dollars. I decided not to buy a ticket. I thought, “With my luck today I would win, and all that money would ruin my simple lucky life.”